Friday, August 12, 2011

Healthy Eating

In the past, healthy eating has been a chore. Lately, I've learned to count calories and log everything. And it works! I have two amazing apps that help me: Cardio Trainer and MyFitnessPal.

But, the best tool isn't so much self-control. It is planning ahead! If you plan ahead what you are going to eat, the sugar bug won't be as tempting, because you have already decided what to eat. Make the decisions based on what you have consumed for the day. No more sudden decisions to run out for ice cream (unless your sitting there after you've planned and logged everything and realize you have a few hundred calories to spare).

Eating healthy really isn't as hard as we make it. Today for lunch, I am eating 320 calories and my plate is full. I am having two WASA crackers (45 cal ea.), 6 slices of ham (50 cal)and two servings of Sharp cheddar cheese (180 cal).


No comments: